A backup for my friendship bracelet site. Check back for updates, new patterns, and occassional Q&A sessions.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Macrame Books


This is a list of Macrame books I've compiled. I'm hoping that they will be a source of inspiration for bracelet making. Knotting originated with Macrame and it's still a relevant craft. Maybe these books can help you to expand your horizons with knotting and add something new and different to your bracelets.


I have not seen them all so I can't vouch for their contents, but I've looked at the reviews etc. and they appear to be interesting enough. The first book has a one star rating but I don't think that's really deserved. There are quite a few interesting techniques and projects there that are worth a look.


The Weekend Crafter: Macrame: 20 Great Projects to Knot

by Jim Gentry

Hemp Masters: Ancient Hippie Secrets for Knotting Hip Hemp Jewelry

by Max Lunger

Hemp Masters - Getting Knotty:More Ancient Hippie Secrets for Knotting Hip Hemp Jewelry

by Max Lunger

Making Beautiful Hemp & Bead Jewelry

by Mickey Baskett

Micro-Macramé JewelryTips and Techniques for Knotting with Beads

by Joan R. Babcock

Beaded Macrame Jewelry:Stylish Designs, Exciting New Materials

by Sherri Haab

Macrame Trends

by Judy Palmer

posted by Heather | 8:04 PM